Starts at 3:00pm
Free performances in the archeological remains of the Red Earl's Hall. The remains of the original de Burgo Hall were uncovered in 1997 when work began on a proposed extension to The Custom House. The hall was originally a church like structure with large, round headed windows and opposing entrances in its south-eastern end. In essence, it acted as medieval equivalent of a tax-office, courthouse and town-hall rolled into one. The hall was reported to be in a ruinous state by the middle of the 16th century while the famous 1651 map of Galway certainly shows it as that.
The remains are now preserved and on view to the public, as one of the Galway Civic Trust's ongoing projects.
On Sunday, The Coole Music Whistleblowers and strings will entertain the drop-in audience in the Red Earl's Hall. Do drop around to hear them!